Janta Adarsh Andh Vidyalaya was founded on 10th Dec. 1970 by Sh. J. S. Sharma, who was himself a visually handicapped. The school got its practical shape on 1st June 1971 starting with 2 blind students.
The institution, started with a dilapidated structure (khandar), on an abundant jungle land owned by Government. Subsequently, a building was constructed through donations.
Janta Adarsh Andh Vidyalaya society was framed and registered in June 1975. It follows all the rules, regulations and governmental directions under the registered society act of 1860.
( Registration certificate of society )
Late Sh. J. S. Sharma
The school has been admitting children of all age groups in various classes. It has created facilities for full boarding and lodging, totally free of charge. Parents of visually handicapped children can leave their children for studies and stay. The school strives hard to educate them on State Council of Education Research and Training (Education Deptt. Delhi Govt.) syllabus from Ist standard to 10th standard and children appear for their regular 10th standard exams of the C.B.S.E. based as private students.
Since 1971 many blind students joined and benefited. About 1549 children, till March 2005 of various age group have learned and are able to earn their livelihood honorably. This is a continuous process. The school is well known in the vicinity for helping blind and making them independent to make them earn their livelihood along with others in the main stream.
Contact PersonMrs. Kalpana Sharma
AddressSirifort Road, Sadiq Nagar, New Delhi - 110049 India
New Delhi, NCT, India
Contact Phone Numbers91-11-26250702