Established in 1973, Kumaun University consists of three campuses at Almora , Nainital and Bhimtal; 3 5 affiliated government colleges; and almost equal number of affiliated self-financed private institutions spread across the Kumaun region. The total area covered by the university thus far is an impressive 160 acres. The beautifully designed colleges blend in perfectly with the surrounding architecture and complete the breath taking scenery. In order to cater the technical, professional and vocational education, another campus of the University is being developed at Bhimtal. Special emphasis is placed by Kumaun University to uphold the motto of excellent teaching and high quality research. In the residential and affiliated campuses, both teaching and research activities are equally important factors that support the curriculum and contribute to the student's learning habits.
• To be the fountainhead of new ideas and innovations. • Excel in teaching and research with the vision of establishment of a university of excellence. • To nurture young and talented human resource for the service of Indian society and all round development of the Kumaun region. • Advance the community of learning by engaging in scientific research and artistic creation. • Provide a high quality educational experience to students in diverse learning environment, promoting the values and institutions of democracy that prepare students to lead lives of personal integrity and civic responsibility in a global society. • Prepare the next generations of skilled and ethical professionals to compete in a diverse world market. • Promote a campus environment that welcomes and honours women and men of all races, creeds, and cultures.
To create an environment that shall foster the growth of intellectually capable, innovative and entrepreneurial professionals, that contributes to the growth in partnership with industry and develops and harnesses it for the welfare of the nation and humankind.
• Strive for excellence in the creation and dissemination of knowledge, promoting the holistic development of students and preparing them to lead lives of personal integrity, civic responsibility and service to the society.
• Creation of a learning environment that promotes the values and institutions of democracy and helps the students to imbibe the values, which our country has always stood for.
• Building and promoting a system, which is accessible to people of all faith, races, creed and culture.
• Galvanizing the academic fervor and creative instincts of the youth, strengthening the interface of academia with the government and industry so that growth can be planned, progressive and purposeful.
Vice ChancellorProf. H. S. Dhami
AddressAyarpatta, Nainital, Uttarakhand 263002